18 January 2008

Fraidy Cat Five on Friday

Mommy sez that I suffer from neurosis. I wasn’t sure what that meant so I looked it up… I like being able to see things by looking them up online.

Neurosis: a mental and emotional disorder that affects only part of the personality, is accompanied by a less distorted perception of reality than in a psychosis, does not result in disturbance of the use of language, and is accompanied by various physical, physiological, and mental disturbances (as visceral symptoms, anxieties, or phobias)

So my five on Friday are five things that I am scared of (but Mommy sez I am “neurotic” about)…

1. Plastic bags…. They are evil!!! When Mommy or Daddy come home with groceries I run like the wind!! When they change the trash bags and they have to open a new one, I am no where to be found. If I could I would rid the world of horrible plastic bags!
2. Aluminum foil…. I don’t like the noise it makes; however I mostly do not like it because it is shiny. It reminds me of the awful table at the V-E-T’s office. Nuff said….
3. Thunder boomers… I am really skairty over these! I have to either be curled up tight in Mommy’s lap, under the bed or in the back of the closet. I choose the place depending upon where I am when the thunder boomers start! If at all possible I prefer to be in Mommy’s lap! She cuddles me and tells me she will protected me.
4. The doorbell…. I can not begin to explain why this scares me! I can be downstairs laying by the cozy fire and someone will ring the bell and I have to bolt upstairs as fast as my leggies will carry me!
5. Closed doors…. Okay, this one is completely crazy, and I would not zactly call it “scared”; however, if a door is shut to a room (especially Mommy’s bedroom) and I am not in the room with Mommy I will not just scratch at it, I will body slam it!! Daddy watched me one time and said I got a running head start and hurled myself at it while meowing the whole time!! Mommy could not hear me because she was in the shower. Daddy had to carry me in so I could see her and I was so happy that I was in the room with Mommy!!

13 comments:

Tybalt said...

I am with you on #4! That doorbell is scary. You never know when it will ring at you and it is LOUD!

I also scratch and cry at a closed door if it is between me and my mommy. Maybe I should try your bodyslamming approach.

LZ said...

I grrrrrooowwwl at the doorbell, its evil!! None of these things are abnormal, perhaps your human has human issues?

Kaze

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

You ought to see my sisfur Gracie you can look at her and she will run. Momma says someone was furry bad to Gracie a'fore she came to live with us and it will take a long time to let her know she's safe and secure wif us...heck I'll bop her juss like I bop efurryone else...but Momma is reel gentle wif Gracie and Gracie loves Momma...

Purrs
Abby

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We don't like thunder boomers or the doorbell. Our doorbell is really loud and hurts our frootbat ears. Same for thunder.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Thunderboomers are not nice. They are way too loud! We can understand why those we be scary for you.

Daisy said...

I hate the doorbell, too. Even a doorbell on TV!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

C'mon, none of deze make yoo noorotic. Yoor beans are silly, dey is all acceptable things to be scared of or worried about.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing Scout I do # 5 I body slam my mom's bedroom door.If she doesn't open it right away I will keep doing it.When she opens it and I see her I calm down.It's not strange we just really love our moms.Please go to my blog when you can I made something for you and Henry.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh my those sounds like all of the things that terrify me! That is a secret I should like kept between you and I - I too am a scairdy cat, or 'neurotic'!

Nothing worng with being cautious! And plastic bags ARE evil! x

Scout said...

Tybalt: Try the bodyslam…. It worked for me!

Kaze: Mommy does have issues but not about the doorbell! Her issues involve tornadoes and cockroaches!

Abby: If I had a sisfur, I would probably whap her too! Whapping is F-U-N!!!

Dragonheart & Merlin: I don’t like anything loud! Loud noises are very bad!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante: Thunderboomers are always skairty! Mommy does not like them either but she still protects me from them. That is why I loves her!

Daisy: I once growled at a TV doorbell! Mommy giggled at me.

Zippy, Speedy & Sadie: Thank you. That makes me feel furry good!

Ariel: I loves the photo and will thank you when I get more of a chance to visit later today! PS: Glad I am not the only body slammer!

Yao-Lin: It will be our little secret! *crosses heart with paw*

Unknown said...

Scout, honey, I'm coming to see you in just a bit! We are in Nashville and they are going to drop me off at your house. I can't wait to see you!!!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Beans are so easily confused! lol

Phoebe said...

Body slamming the closed door may be worth trying. Thanks for the fun idea to drive my mom crazies!!

Scout, I'm tagging you for a Meme. See my bloggy for the details.