18 December 2007

Party like it is 1999!!

Wowser! I can not believe that today is my 8th Gotchaversary!!! That means I have been with Mommy for 8 years or 96 months or 416 weeks or 2935 days! I came to my furrever home December 18, 1999! Zowie that is bunches and I have loved every minute of it!! Okay, every minute except any car trips or V-E-T visits, or when we moved into the new house, but that is a different story for another time.

I think I will tells you the story about how Mommy and me came to be a family…. It started with a tragedy. On December 13, 1999, Mommy had to have Pookie put down because unbeknownst to her, he was in the final stages of renal failure. Mommy was distraught and very, very sad. She held Pookie as he took his final breath and lovingly buried him in the back yard of her parents’ home. She bought a St. Francis statue to be his grave marker that has a small bird feeder attached. That way he would always have the birdies he loved so much near him. Mommy told me she missed Pookie something fierce and that her heart was breaking. She did not think she wanted another kitty.

But on December 18th, something made her decide to go to the humane society. She went and visited all the kitties who needed a furrever home. She played with them, snuggled and gave them skritches. She decided then that she needed a new kitty to love. She did not care if it was a kitten or an older kitty. She said she just knew that she had a lot of kitty love to give and a warm, cozy home with toys, food, water, affection and attention. But to Mommy’s disappointment she could not decide on a kitty and none of them “picked” her either. She was about to leave when the office manager came to speak to her.

Mommy told the office manager the story of Pookie. She then led Mommy into her office. There on the bulletin board was a photo of Pookie!! Along with it was a copy of his last will and testament where he left his estate to the humane society for kitties less fortunate than he had been. Mommy cried over that. But the office manager had another surprise in store for her. She wanted to introduce her to a kitty that was found in the Hermitage/Mt. Juliet area on December 13th (the day Pookie died). Mommy was a little taken aback because she lived in that area at the time. So the office manager went and fetched a 6 month old Meezer that they were going to keep as the office pet. The office staff had named this Meezer Precious. Well Precious just climbed up on Mommy’s lap, lifted her nose to Mommy’s ear and would not quit purring! Mommy got picked by a kitty!! It was love at first sight for all involved! Mommy paid the adoption fee and off we went…

Yes, I was once a humane society stray named Precious. Now I am a bonafide, certified house cat named Scout. My name comes from Mommy’s favorite book “To Kill a Mockingbird”. I did not know that there was a guide book for kitties that taught you how to do that, I just thought it was instinct!

So that is my Gotchaversary story of how I came to be Mommy’s evil Siamese. I am happy in my furrever home and I loves my Mommy and Daddy very much! I am pampered, petted, groomed, fed, spoiled, but mostly I am loved a whole, whole lot!!

Mommy’s note: Scouty, I am so glad that we belong to each other! You have been a joy and are a great kiki. You always make me feel happy when you head butt, snuggle, purr, knead and love on me. You have excellent kitty communication skills and are always willing to chat with me. I enjoy that you are a lap kitty and like to beach yourself on me when I am sitting at the desk or in my chair. I get happy when we get ready for bed each night and go through our evening ritual of tucking one another in. I am proud to be your Mommy! I love you!

11 comments:

Daisy said...

Oh, Scoutie! Happy Gotcha Day! I really enjoyed reading the story of how you came to your Forever home. It's like fate. You ended up exactly where you belong.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Happy Gotcha Day! What a great story of how you found your forever home. It made Mommy's eyes leak.

MaoMao said...

Oh, Scout -- *~*~*~*Happy Happy Happy Gotcha Day*~*~*~*, beeyootiful girl! Yur story of how you founded yur foreffur home was so very sweet -- Momma's eyes are leakin. Momma and Daddy got picked by all four of us Ballicai, too!

Have a wunnerful, happy day!

Kittyhugs and purrs from yur furriend MaoMao.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Scout! That is a fantastic story!Although i well believe that you are were once called precious - u are after all a Siamese and therefore precious by nature! I am happy you chose such a wonderful human. You were clearly made for each other x

LZ said...

What a great story!! 8 years is a long time and I'm sure you have lots of great memories.

Latte

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Happy Gotcha Day hope yoo haf a squillion more!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

What a wonderfuls story! Happy Gotcha Days!

Scout said...

Daisy: Thank you bunches! I did end up exactly where I belong!

Riley & Tiki: I am sorry to make your Mommy’s eyes leak! Go get her a tissue!

Mao Mao: It is always good to pick your own place, huh?

Yao-Lin: Thank you! I know all us Meezers are extremely precious!!

Latte: I do have 8 great years and lots and lots of stories!

Zippy, Speedy and Sadie: I wish for a squillion more for all of us!!

TT: Thanks you bunches! It is good to be me.

Anonymous said...

What a great story.Happy Gotcha Day
Scout :)

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Scout! Da momee & I were readin' your gotcha day story togedder, & we really likes it. Dis iz da only reazonabull way to be adopted...da cat picks da bean!

Love, Dr Tweety

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

What a great story.