10 December 2007

Meezer Monday 6

Here is another “tail” of those who came before me…..

Mommy had a kitty that was a seal point Himalayan named Pookie. According to her he was not too bright but was a sweet, lovable boy. Pookie had several interests with one of the oddest being his affinity for smelly candles. He adored them and, when not burning, would nuzzle up to them and sniff away. He wasn’t too particular about scents either. He was equal opportunity.

Well one time Mommy lit a bunch of balsam pine scented candles around Christmas time. She did this as she was chatting away with a friend on the phone whom she had not spoken to in quite some time. Once Pookie realized there were smell candles available for the sniffing, he bolted up onto the counter where they were. That is when Mama heard a funny sizzling sound and then smelled that awful smell of burning hair! Pookie’s right set of whiskers (both by his nose and his “eyebrows”) were beginning to curl! He jumped down and began to run. Mommy told her friend (and I quote) “I have to go. My cat is on fire” and hung up the phone! She started up the stairs after Pookie who was sitting by his water bowl panting. He was a little singed around the rough of his fur but otherwise okay. Mommy had to do a little trimming to get the crispy parts of the fur away.

Mommy said the irony of the story is that this was not the first, nor the second but the THIRD time Pookie had done that! Pookie went over the bridge 8 years ago this week. I would have liked to have met my big brother the "pyromaniac".

10 comments:

Daisy said...

Pookie sounds like he was a very silly and sweet kitty.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Scout,
I just wanted to stop by to say hi, and thank you for checking out my blog.
Wow, Pookie sounds like a crazy kitty! You had better be careful and not try that yourself!
Come back and see me soon!
--JB

Tara said...

Sounds like Pookie was using up his nine lives!

Tara

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

Oh poor Pookie! *hugs*

MaoMao said...

Wowie, that sounds like somethin I would do! Poor Pookie. He sounds like a boy who wasn't skeered of nothin -- a lot like me!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Unknown said...

Pookie was crazy! Anyway, I've gotten over a dozen offers from other kitties to come and visit them while I'm on "my break". When I read yours, there was no question. I'm on my way, Scout! I'm coming to Tennessee to see you!!! I'm so excited. Clyde said that if I don't bring him and Charlotte that he was gonna eat all our temptations so I will have to bring them too. I'll be there soon!!!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh Pookie certainlys woulds have fits in with us all here on the blogosphere.

Smelly candle lover huh? Shadows Boy likes to sniff candles, although not ones that Mommy has lit already.

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow Scout, that's a great story about the cat that came before! Have a fun time with Henry, Clyde and Charlotte!
Your FL furiends,

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Dat Pookie waz a brave feller Scout, 'cuz if I had had my furz singed, I would nevfur go near da can-dullz again.

The Cat Realm said...

I have a feeling Pookie might have made friends with Anastasia at the bridge....
Is Henry Helton still staying with you?
Then bring him along when you come to see the new episode of CCSI, airing today at Sassy's blog, second part tomorrow!
See you there!
Karl