26 November 2007

Meezer Monday 4

For Meezer Monday, I want to share with you a story of Thanksgiving past. I am know I am a bit late but bear with me, please.

A few years ago, I had a kitty brother named Boo Radley. Boo was a wild child. He was an ankle biter, a hisser and had an odd habit of not wanting to put his paws on linoleum.

So, it is Thanksgiving and we are all at Grandmama’s house. This is before Mommy and Daddy were married so it was just Mommy and my grandparents, me and that crazy Boo Radley. Thanksgiving went on as usual. There were all the traditional tid bits and tasty treats for me and Boo. Of course it was all very nice!

Grandmama has a thing about stripping the turkey clean before putting away leftovers. She did this as she was cleaning up and there was a stripped down turkey carcass ready for the trash. Silly Boo kept looking at that carcass and meowing his fool head off. In one of those moments where you expect to see a cartoon light bulb over her head, Grandmama had an idea. She put that whole turkey carcass on the floor (linoleum, Boo’s favorite). He looked at her, looked at the turkey, back at her, etc. This went on for a moment or two when Boo had a realization…. It was all his!!! He commenced to chewing, eating, growling and even stuck his funny little head inside the turkey! Mommy watched him for about 15 minutes and said he looked like Mr. Bean. I don’t know who that is but it made Mommy laugh and laugh.

Mommy told me that eventually Boo was done. Or all that sleepy turkey druggy stuff kicked in because he fell asleep with one paw draped over the turkey. That is when Mommy took it from him and wiped off his lightly greased paws and head. He got over his fear of the kitchen floor then too.

Boo died suddenly in 2003. Mommy misses the crazy boy. I tolerated him as best I could but he was just so undignified that it is hard for a regal Meezer like me to put up with his shenanigans.

Count your blessing on Meezer Monday!

8 comments:

Daisy said...

What a funny story! Silly Boo. I wish I could have seen him sound asleep with his greasy paws cradling the turkey!

LZ said...

Silly Boo! Yet smart, you have to hand it to him!

Latte

The Meezers or Billy said...

what a great story! we think we would haf loved Boo - he would haf fit right in here wif us crazies.

Unknown said...

What a great and funny story! I wish I could have met Boo. I hope you have had a good thanksgiving.

Purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr purr

Anonymous said...

Lol...funny story.I would have love to see Boo with his head in the turkey.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I loveds that story, it was so funnys to read.

Scout said...

Daisy: Mommy said she wished she would have taken a photo as well.

Latte: He had a way of getting what he wanted. One time he even jumped in the fridge!

Sammy/Miles: Boo was definitely crazy!!

Henry: Boo was a sweetie according to Mommy. Not so much according to me.

Ariel: Like I told Daisy, Mommy wishes she would have taken a photo as well.

TT: Thanks. Truth is almost always funnier than fiction according to Mommy.

MaoMao said...

hehehe, Scout -- what a great story about Boo (Momma loves his name)! And Momma and me are both laffin about Boo stickin his head inna turkey and lookin like Mr. Bean! That sounds like fun, I wanna try!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!